MISSION PARIS

After a red-eye to Paris that was preceded by a whole morning of packing, repacking and rearranging things to fit the airplane check-in and carry-on quota, I found myself at the small Charles de Gaulle Terminal 3 with a Roissy/CDG stamp in my passport, no questions asked. Paris passport control is seriously easy-going.

I took a 45 euro taxi ride (stuck in traffic for half of it) to my hotel that was right between Pére Lachaise cemetery and the Parc des Buttes Chaumont. I managed to arrive right in time for check-in at 2 p.m. and then spent under 10 minutes lugging my 5 bags up to the 6th floor, spiral staircase notwithstanding. I got a great workout from it, as well as a new appreciation for my surprisingly not that bad muscle power. My largest bag weighed 40 lbs.

The hotel room was awesome in spite of its location. I had my own washbasin in the room, and shared the toilet and shower with the three other rooms on the floor. Even though I only paid 38 euros for it, there was a T.V., wardrobe, amazing balcony view of the Panthéon, Sacré-Coeur, and some other churches, and it was nice and clean.

After taking a brief half hour nap, I found maps at the reception and proceeded to wander up the rue de Pyrénées to find the nearest metro station. There is a Métro station at Pyrénées, but it's closed until August for renovations. Instead, I had to go to Parc des Buttes Chaumont, the creation of engineer-landscape architect Alphand in the 1800s.

More to come when I get into my studio and figure out the internet connection...
Steph snoozed @ 11.7.08 | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



up . down

angela. anne. carla. donna. hanna. helma. joyce. leena. michelle. mirage. rosa. sakura. copperechoes. archives. blogger